This release of fOOrth continues to work its way through the backlog of work on the way to version 0.7.0 and the ultimate goal of version 1.0.0. Here is a brief summary of what’s new in this release:
Updated for V0.6.5
- Added the ability to override the default method mapping.
- Added report formatting to allow arrays and hashes to be displayed as bullet points and arrays as neat, efficient columns.
- Added several deep introspection methods for objects, methods, and classes.
- Bug Fix: Instance variables may now be created by exclusive methods.
- Cleanup: The “force compile” flag was another carry over from FORTH that had no place in fOOrth. It has finally been removed.
The big sticking point, now under study, is the issue of defining instance variables in a procedure. This will likely require changes to the method mapping of instance variables, assuming this change is actually made.
In the mean time, best regards;
Peter Camilleri (aka Squidly Jones)